Everybody knows this game, right? You choose (or are given) a group of three people and have to pick one to marry, one for a one night stand, and one to kill. The one I hear the most often is: Batman, Spiderman, Superman. I think this one is really easy:
- Marry: Spiderman, because he's got a sense of humor and I think those webs would keep the nightlife hot.
- Screw: Batman, because the dude's kinky and very sexy but I think he might be a bit dour to live with.
- Kill: Superman. Yawn.
So. Next one. My three favorite fictional heros of all time: Lord Peter Wimsey (Dorothy Sayers' fine creation), Jericho Barrons (From Karen Marie Moning's Fever series), and Eric (from Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries).
- Marry: Peter Wimsey. That's right, the one I'd cozy up to for life is actually a sleuth from a mystery series. He's elegant, deceptively clever, an odd mix of lighthearted and serious, and for all his stiff upper lip he goes after Harriet Vane with such confidence and sweetness.
- Screw: Jericho Barrons. Anyone who's read the Fever series knows this answer needs no explanation. And if you haven't read the Fever series, you should.
- Kill: Eric. I love the guy, I really do, I just don't love him quite so much as Wimsey or Barrons.
To be honest, it was hard to pick three without cheating and picking one I'd want dead. I started off with Eugenides from Megan Whelan Turner's Queen's Thief series in the third spot, but I couldn't kill him off even in my imagination and I couldn't move him up, either. Then I thought about Curran from Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series and Peeta from the Hunger Games. I love them all, but Wimsey and Barrons are my top picks.
Anyone else want to give it a try with their three favorites?